Friday, March 25, 2011

Book Blogger Hop - March 25 to 28

Once again it's time for the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Book Blogger Hop

The question this week:

"If you could physically put yourself into a book or series…which one would it be and why?"
Wow! I don't believe I've ever given it much thought, really. Perhaps when I was very young, reading Baum's enchanting Oz books, I'd have liked to travel about the four countries and visit the Emerald City. Later on, when I was going through a "logic is everything" phase in my life, I'd have relished the opportunity to hang out with Mr. Spock, from the Star Trek universe. During my hormone driven teen years, I'd have given nearly anything to go hang out with Tarl Cabot on the counter-Earth, Gor.

These days, however, much of the fantasy buffet is simply out of the question, without modern medicine and flush toilets. I've spent plenty of time camping out, thank you very much. The worlds of urban fantasy are out of the question, as I can't imagine things would be any better than they are today if the monsters of myth and legend were roaming our streets in addition to the monsters we already have. If I had to choose a SF world, it would be someplace where they'd mastered life extension, FTL travel, and studied war no more. Nothing springs immediately to mind on that score, though I know it's been written.

4 comments:

Howard Sherman said...

Apologies in advance for my answer this week as it will not immediately resonate with the book blogger population which happens to be 99.5% female.

My choice is a book series geared towards guys which won’t enthrall the vast majority of my fellow book bloggers (who are almost entirely female) with the extensive discussion of powerful weapons and sexy milspec gear, beautiful women, eye-popping action sequences (with occasionally obscene violence), and the like.

But there IS something in my answer that just about everyone of the female persuasion can benefit from my decidedly “books for guys” post. Hop on over to http://www.howardsherman.net to find out what it is.

Happy Hop Friday!

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

pussreboots said...

I went through an Oz phase too. My answer's a little selfish. Come see why. Happy blog hop.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Oz would be a great place to go. And I've been a Trekkie since the 60's. So yes and yes.

Here's my post for this hop. Hope you will stop by. I always follow back.

Sabrina said...

Thanks for stopping by at my blog. Luckily water science (or hydrology) is not only about old water cisterns. I specialized in flood risk management and will write my thesis about the measurement of H2O fluxes. Due to my origin I know only the adaption of the Oz story by Alexander Wolkow. But I like'd those very much as a child.