Friday, March 11, 2011

Book Blogger Hop - February 11 to 14

It's time for the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books, again.
Book Blogger Hop
This week's question:
"If I gave you £50 (or $80) and sent you into a bookshop right now, what would be in your basket when you finally staggered to the till?"

The answer to that depends on what type of bookshop I was going to. If it was one of the big chains, like Barnes & Noble, or Borders, or Hastings, I'd probably grab about ten paperbacks that I need to fill in the gaps in some series, such as:

  • Rosemary and Rue, An Artificial Night, and Late Eclipses from the October Daye series by Seanan McGuire.
  • Blood Cross and Mercy Blade from the Jane Yellowrock series by Faith Hunter
  • Cast in Fury, Cast in Shadow, Cast in Silence and Cast in Chaos by Michelle Sagara
  • Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
If it was a wonderful used bookshop, such as Powell's in Portland, I'd probably just go crazy filling in odd bits and pieces. I've been trying to find the Retrieval Artist novels by Kristine Katherine Rusch for a while, for example. I'd also like to pick up most of the Imager series by L.E. Modesitt, the last couple of books in the Safehold series by Weber, a replacement copy of Azazel by Asimov, a replacement copy (I used to own two copies!!) of The Dracula Tapes by Saberhagen. You get the idea, it would be a well-mixed bag.

If I had to do the dirty deed online, I'd probably pick up some Nook editions of classic Heinlein and Zelazny, whom I never tire of re-reading. Or maybe the entire Sten series, by Cole and Bunch.

$80 isn't but a drop in the bucket, when it comes to my wish list, I'm afraid. If you start talkin' $800 or $8000, then we can really have some fun.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Gabrielle

Howard Sherman said...

Wow! What a great question this week. I always peek at other people's book piles at the checkout link at B&N. That doesn't make me a voyeur, does it?

The exhibitionist in me has posted my own bookstore shopping list -- and it's not as predictable as you may think!

Hop on over to my blog for all the suspense and chills of my TBR list - http://www.howardsherman.net

Happy Hop Friday!

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Nicki J. Markus / Asta Idonea said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi
Thanks for stopping by Book'd Out earlier - the October Darye and Jane yellowrock series are amongst my favs!

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

Jon said...

@Howard - Heh! "a voyeur" I have the habit of checking out people's bookshelves when I visit their home, so I guess I'm a peeper, too.
@ Nicki, bookdout & Gabrielle - I love making new friends. Glad y'all stopped by.