Friday, June 29, 2012

Book Blogger Hop - June 29 to July 5

Time again for the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Crazy for Books.


Book Blogger Hop
Today's question: Blogging Question: Do you have a keeper shelf for books you loved? What books are on that shelf and why?

My answer: It's called my library, and it contains hundreds of feet of bookshelves. An entire room of my house is devoted to it. I've kept probably 90% of all the books I've ever acquired, though in recent years I've re-gifted quite a bit.
Funny, though, there are books that I absolutely loved thirty years ago, that I now just can't read again. My perspective has shifted over the years, and the story just doesn't engage me on an emotional level any more, I guess.

3 comments:

Milka said...

A whole library- sounds amazing! I used to have one wall covered with book shelves but then all the books were stored when I moved away from home! One day I am going to get the books from the storage boxes - the difficulty is that I live in a different country than my family so it would be extremely expensive to get the books to my new place. :( Maybe one day. :)

Great blog btw. :)

Anonymous said...

I thought that I would re-read some of my books but I never have. 6 months ago I began to give away some of my fiction books. I had 2,300 on 1 wall in my living room but now have 1,800. I would love to get rid of 800 fiction books to make way for art supplies.

Midnyte Reader said...

I'm so envious!!! I don't have a lot of room to keep books, but it's wonderful that you are able to. I do know what you mean about books that you once loved that don't hold the same appeal when you re-visit. I guess we all grow and our tastes change.