Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Short Takes

I was going through my journal a couple of weeks ago, and found some blurbs about books I was reading at various times, so I thought I'd share some of them, on a regular basis.

4/5/04 Finished Savage Nation, started on O'Reilly's book (probably Who's Looking out for You?). Savage is pretty savage, all right. Pulls no punches.
6/3/2004 Almost finished with this monster book about Iraq I'm reading, The threatening Storm: The Case for Invading Iraq by Kenneth Pollack. Written (in 2002) by an analyst for military intelligence; quite thorough. Wonder if it's just a compilation of all the briefings he had to prepare for several administrations. Was written before we went to war with Iraq, laying out the case for invasion, basically. Those who are whining today should really read it, but probably won't. Published by the Council on Foreign Relations.

No comments: