Friday, December 31, 2010

Top Ten of 2010

Seems to be a meme going around, can't pinpoint an origin, but I thought I'd participate in naming the top ten reads of 2010. Most of them are actually series that I discovered or that were published in 2010, with the few single book exceptions being a couple of non-fiction works and one fiction work that caused me to do some serious thinking.

1. The Last Centurion by John Ringo
2. Old Man's War series by John Scalzi
3. The Imager Portfolio series by L.E. Modesitt
4. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
5. Namaah's Kiss and Namaah's Curse series by Jacqueline Carey
6. The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
7. Elemental Assassin series by Jennifer Estep
8. Allie Beckstrom series by Devon Monk
9. Felix Castor series by Mike Carey
10. Warded Man series by Peter V. Brett

Given that this list represents perhaps 25 books from the 197 that I read this year, even a representation in the bottom of this list means that I think very highly of the book or series.

1 comment:

La Toya said...

wow 197 books! that is amazing!! I loved Old Man's War...haven't gotten to the others. My friend said she had chills at the end of the last one though! looking forward to reading the rest!