Friday, December 17, 2010

Book Blogger Hop December 17 to 20

It's time for the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Book Blogger Hop
Today's question:

"What do you consider the most important in a story: the plot or the characters?"

That's a crazy question. They are both equally important to a book. The best plot in the world won't be worth reading if the characters are all flat and unsympathetic, and even marvelous characters can't really save a flawed or pointless plot. That said, I tend to focus more on strong characterizations, and most of my favorite series' have well developed characters, not stereotypes or cardboard cutouts.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Oo! I'm the opposite, a good story will keep me reading. I'm a new follower! My hop is at Coffee Table Press

BLHmistress said...

Hi I'm a new follower and I agree both go hand and hand. Have a Happy Holidays

My Follow Friday/Book Blogger Hop

Bookingly Yours said...

Hi! found you thru the hop and im now a follower GFC

i think plot is much important than characters.

happy friday!

iamjenai
http://www.bookinglyyours.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth said...

Hopping by from the blog hop.

Lots of good answers to this week's tough question.

Stop by my blog to see my answer to this week's question.

Also check out a design site I found...pretty neat home decorating ideas...it is in the right side panel on my blog.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Happy Holidays!!