Friday, November 12, 2010

Book Blogger Hop - November 12 to 15

Time for the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Book Blogger Hop

The question today is:
"If you find a book that looks interesting but is part of a series, do you always start with the first title?"
My answer:
I always start with the first book. I can't stand coming in on the middle of a story. Sometimes this means it's a long time before I can read an existing series, while I locate and acquire each of the books.

5 comments:

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Howdy from the Hop, Jon! Hope you have a happy reading weekend. ;)

Carissa said...

Hey Jon! Thanks for stopping by. I'm like you, I don't like entering a series in the middle. Best to begin at the beginning!

Howard Sherman said...

I can dive right into the middle of a book series if the series' story
doesn't run chronologically.

That is to say, if each novel in a series is a stand-alone story (like Lee
Child's Reacher novels) then I don't feel the need to start with book one.

On the other hand, a series of books (like Richard Hatch's Battlestar
Galactica novels) can't be read out of sequence since each new book builds
upon the story of the previous entry in the series.

Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I think that All You Can Read for a set price would be the best idea ever ;) Not sure the bookstores will catch on though! Hope you have a great weekend!

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. Have a great weekend!