Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Everyday Millionaires by Chris Hogan

 (written a year or so ago)

Reading Chris Hogan's Everyday Millionaires, to see if there's anything I can learn from it. Oddly enough, though my wife and I became everyday millionaires, and share a number of traits with the 10,000 millionaires his team interviewed for his book, I appear to have gone about it all wrong, for the most part.

 

First, I have never hired a financial professional to help me create and maintain a plan. The two times in our earlier days when we trusted "financial planners" to put us into the right investments and plans, they turned out to be commissioned salespeople who put us into investment types that benefitted them and their companies, and left us with poor returns and high fees. I did much better on my own when selecting mutual funds in our 401K plans, and later on when I began to invest in "dividend aristocrats" via our online brokerage account, as well as taking advantage of ESOP plans that were available to my wife a couple of times.

No comments: