Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Coffee Addict - One Decade Later

I begin to wonder if I have a coffee habit requiring intervention. Currently, on my countertop I have a Mr. Coffee 12 cup brewer, a Keurig single cup brewer and a quadruple-shot Krupps espresso machine. My wife and I each have individual French presses we take on motorcycle camping trips, and I also have a small camp percolating coffee pot, plus I keep a large percolating pot at my parents' cabin. I have an aging electric coffee grinder on the counter that's in use, plus one NIB up in the cupboard, just in case the old one fails in the early morning hours. I have boxes of K-cups on the shelves, bags of coffee beans in the freezer, and a 1 lb can of Folgers in the pantry for the truly dire emergencies.

Do you think I have a problem?

So, both of the french presses broke - the plastic cracked. The old coffee grinder died, but I still own the one that was new in the box. I seldom use it, as I have recently acquired a burr grinder. The Mr Coffee has been replaced by a Ninja, and I have a Starbucks brand pourover coffee outfit used to make single cups. The Keurig still lives. The can of Folgers is long gone, but a neverending stream of beans and K-cups lives in my pantry.

1 comment:

Guffaw in AZ said...

Only if you don't like coffee...