Friday, May 27, 2011

Book Blogger Hop May 27 to 30

Time for the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Crazy for Books.
Book Blogger Hop

Today's question:

"What book-to-movie adaption have you most liked?  Which have you disliked?"

I may take some heat for this from the Tolkien purists, but I really enjoyed the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Granted, after each viewing, I ranted to my wife about all of the details that they got wrong, especially when they didn't have to, most egregious of which was their portrayal of Faramir as being nearly as corruptible as his brother, but over all I thought it was very well done and captured the spirit, if not the letter, of the books.

7 comments:

Laying down the Law said...

Heat! :p

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

I agree with you! While there are some errors and things had to be left out. I think that it was well done and that a lot was taken into consideration when developing the films.

Here is my Follow Friday

Anonymous said...

Just blogging by, happy Friday!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/05/book-blogger-hop_27.html

Ellie said...

As someone that doesn't get on with Tolkien I enjoyed the films and am eternally grateful to Peter Jackson sor allowing me to know the story better withour having to drag myself through the books.

Loni said...

I agree with you. LotR was one of my faves for the Hop this week too. I've actually seen it on quite a few lists. Yes, they left some parts out, but you have to with adaptations. I think the essence of the books translated well to the screen.

Madigan Mirza said...

I thought the LOTR film adaptations were just fantastic. Honestly, they could have gone low-budget on them, and just gotten prop swords and costumes from anywhere, but instead, they really went all out and created the whole world to be as true as possible. And I was very happy to kiss the Tom Bombadil scenes goodbye, quite frankly.

Susan said...

Totally agree with you on LOTR and, no, you're not alone at all. Lots of people have mentioned enjoying the LOTR movies.

I've been by before, but I'm glad to have re-discovered you via the Hop!