Friday, February 4, 2011

Book Blogger Hop - February 4 to 7

It's time for the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Book Blogger Hop

Today's question:
"What are you reading now, and why are you reading it?"
As usual, I have several things going at once. I'm reading A Path Out of the Desert by Kenneth M. Pollack. It's an analysis of the political, economic, and strategic situation in the Middle East and some policy recommendations from Mr. Pollack, who was a national security team member in several previous administrations. I'm reading it because he's written some interesting stuff before, and I like to hear what the experts have to say on things every so often.
I'm also re-reading Ghost by John Ringo, on my Nook. I reviewed the fourth book in his Paladin of Shadows series on this site a while back, and thought I ought to put up some reviews of earlier books in the series. I'm a big fan of Ringo's works.
Also reading, but may not finish, Aaron Alston's Doc Sidhe, also on my Nook. I haven't read anything by him before, but it was there and I thought I'd try it. It's a product of one of my Baen free CDs.
Finally, picked up Kitty's House of Horrors by Vaughn last night just before bed and got forty or fifty pages into it. I've been reviewing this series here, and when I finish this one and one more, I'll be current with the series. Vaughn's work is consistently entertaining.
Happy Hopping!

4 comments:

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. The Pollack book sounds interesting. I need to get back to reading policy/politics books.
My Hop

Jon said...

I usually have a non-fiction book going in the background, takes me about 3 times as long to finish as a novel most of the time.

Anonymous said...

I love the Baen free CDs, also the WebScription. Glad to see someone enjoying their stuff too!

Here's my Book Blogger Hop: 2/4-2/7 post!

Jon said...

@Random - I've bought a ton of Baen books since they started, and when I saw the first CD in the back of a new hardback, I thought, "This is incredible!" I went out to the Baen Free Library and downloaded a bunch of books to my laptop. It was an amazing way to get to read some new authors without having to buy a book and wonder if it was going to be worth it. I always thought it was a great publicity gig for them.