Friday, October 1, 2010

Book Blogger Hop - Oct 1-4

Book Blogger HopIt's time for the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Crazy for Books. This week's question is
 "How do you spread the word about your blog? (e.g. Social Networking sites, Book Blog Directories, comments on other blogs...)"
My answer:
Primarily, social networking sites. I post on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook. I also have business cards that I can hand out to someone if we've had a discussion about a book, and I feel they might enjoy my review. I also have my blog's URL as a signature that automatically appends to any email I send. Participating in the Book Blogger Hop the last couple of months has brought the most traffic to my site, though, almost double what my efforts of the previous seven months brought. Thanks, Jennifer!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Just hopping by to say hi. Bookend Diaries http://bookenddiaries.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I've seen a few people mention business cards and I like the idea!

You know, I'm not even sure what LinkdIn is... how lame is that? Maybe I should check it out, although I'm a little scared to add yet another social networking site to my list!

Check out my Book Blogger Hop, Follow Friday and Giveaway HERE!!

Unknown said...

Found your blog on the book blogger hop, hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Elizabeth said...

Good books in your queue...Stopping back for a visit......just hopping by...hope you are having fun in the hop.

Stop by my blog if you like to see how I get the word out:

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I do the email signature and Twitter as well. I find Twitter to be such a useful tool for keeping up with book news, even though I never thought I'd get one. Thanks to a project in one of my husband's graphics classes, I'm getting business cards soon. I'm excited! I have a logo now, too, so I need to spiff up my layout. Happy Hopping!

Jon said...

@Heather LinkedIn is a social networking site targeted towards business-type connections. It allows you to post your resume, work experience, and to keep in contact with old employers and coworkers.