Friday, August 13, 2010

The Library

By popular demand (well, at least one person asked for it), I'm going to put up some photos of my library here, for those of you who've never visited in person.

This is the entrance of the room, standing in the doorway, looking West. The upper left shelf starts with Donal Aamodt and the runs about to Robert E. Howard. The shelves at the far end are oversized and hardbound books from A to H (looks like Harry Harrison's Deathworld Trilogy down in the corner).
Starting with the latter part of the H section on the right, we come back to Jenifer Roberson, about to bite my right ankle.


Again, looking West, starting with Sax Rohmer on my upper left, we wend our way down to Roger Zelazny and Sara Zettel, followed by about half of the anthology collections, on the center shelf. The shelf just under the window is mostly comedy, things such as Doonesbury, P.G. Wodehouse, and M*A*S*H, as well as a complete James Bond collection, and a number of miscellaneous texts and tomes. The built-in shelves at the end contain the rest of the oversized and hardbounds, except for the overflow spilling onto the floor under the shelves on the right. The shelves on the right contain a couple hundred old Ace Doubles, and my collection of SF magazines from the 50s through the 90s.

Looking East, for a change, on the right are the shelves we could see in the previous picture, and on the left is the remainder of the paperback anthologies.
Any questions?

4 comments:

Jessica - On a Pale Star said...

No questions. Just go old fashioned envy. This is a great space!

BrendaC said...

Impressive! I believe you have more books in there than we have in our little local library. Happy Reading! kittycrochettwo.blogspot.com

Loni said...

Great library! I'm so jealous! I don't know where I'd put all those fantastic books!

redhead said...

Jealous!!! and thank you for the pictures! maybe one day I'll be that organized.