Monday, February 9, 2015

The Ironwyrm Affair by Lilith SaintCrow

 So, I think I got about twenty five or thirty pages into this on before I gave up. Either there were books in other series that would have explained the alternate steampunk world I jumped into, or the book simply did a poor job of setting the scene. I felt like the major characters, a sorceress and a "mentath", had huge backstory issues that I was never going to understand without reading the back stories. Saintcrow's wikipedia page didn't give me enough information to find out what stories could have gone before this one, so I imagine she'll end up unread...by me, at least. Pity, as I actually purchased a copy of this book, and would have probably continued to buy them, had I been able to find my way.

Ah well.

No comments: