Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 in the Rear View Mirror

Once again, the year ends with approximately 160 books read. Perhaps this is to be my "normal" number now. I think it has something to do with the amount of traveling I'm doing. Out of town for two weeks in New Zealand, then five days in Omaha, another two weeks in Quantico for the holidays, multiple shorter trips to the cabin in the woods, steelhead fishing, and so forth. I just don't finish as many books when I'm on holiday; my routine is disrupted.
The year's winners:

#1 Urban Fantasy Novel - Frost Burned, by Patricia Briggs, trailed by Ever After by Kim Harrison
#1 SF Series by a new author - The Maxwell Saga by Peter Grant (book 3 out in January)
#1 Science Fiction Novel - Midst Toil and Tribulation, by David Weber
#1 Fantasy Novel - The Republic of Thieves, by Scott Lynch, closely followed by Limits of Power, by Elizabeth Moon, and an honorable mention to Imager's Battalion and Antiagon Fire by L.E. Modessit, Jr.
#1 Non-Fiction - No, They Can't by John Stossel
#1 Thought Provoker - The Enemies Trilogy, by Matt Bracken
#1 Travel Book - Tents and Tent Stability, Chris Lown

No comments: