Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Getting Close

I actually did finish a book I was reading, late last night, so hope to have a review up by tomorrow, and get back on track with my reading and blathering again. Thanks for your patience.

A couple of recent purchases I'm looking forward to reading when they come to the top of the TBR pile were Peter Grant's second book in the Maxwell Saga, Ride the Rising Tide, and Ilona Andrews' Magic Rises in the Kate Daniels series. Lots in the pipeline, but summer keeps me very busy aside from reading.

2 comments:

latest accounting said...

This is a worthy sequel to the author's first novel. Peter Grant is showing improvement in his writing skills. It's not as much as I had hoped for (he is still doing large infodumps and too much world-building for my tastes), but since this has come out so soon after his first novel, I cannot really complain. The resemblance to early Heinlein YA novels is greater than his first novel, I'm starting to wonder if Peter Grant isn't somehow channeling RAH's spirit when he writes.

I'm a tough grader, and there aren't many books I'll call 5 stars, but this one deserves a solid 4 stars in my opinion.

Jon said...

I finished it the other night. The review will post sometime this week. Even better than the first novel in the series, in a nutshell.