Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Wrap-up

So, this year my reading productivity seems to be a little off. It appears that I will only finish about 160 books. No idea why, exactly, but some of the non-fiction took me longer to finish than usual, and I was doing quite a bit of traveling. When I'm having fun on excursions, it cuts down on my leisure reading.  Consider me as inserting a mini-rant right here about how LinkedIn suddenly and without warning discontinued its Reading List by Amazon application, so my method of tracking how many books I read each year went away.

Not sure that I have a top ten list of my favorites this time around, but a handful of "Oscar" winners might be:

#1 Urban Fantasy Novel - Cold Days, by Jim Butcher
#1 Science Fiction Novel - Captain Vorpatril's Alliance, by Lois McMaster Bujold
#1 Fantasy Novel - Princeps, by L.E. Modessit, Jr.
#1 Non-Fiction - Broke, by Glenn Beck
#1 Thought Provoker - Abundance by Peter H. Diamandis and Steven Kotler

Here's hoping for a great year of reading to all of you, and one of finding blessings in the New Year!

2 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

160 books is still a very good year. Being sort of anal, I keep track of my year's reading at GoodReads, LibraryThing, and on a Google spreadsheet I create each year. I want to know how many books I read! I have Cold Days sitting on my TBR mountain and hope to read it soon. I loved Captain Vorpatril's Alliance too. In fact, I have read it twice so far. Happy 2013!

Jon said...

I've been on Goodreads for a while, so I logged on just a bit ago and attempted to add a couple of books to my "Currently Reading" list - the site wouldn't work. Not exactly my idea of a great site to track things on. Glad it's working for you, though.